- Top 5 Best Beds and Mattresses for Big guy
- Over Weight Bariatric Mattress (Queen- Best Mattress for Big Guys 300-400 Ibs)
- Zinus Sleep Master Ultima Comfort Memory Foam 10 Inch Mattress, Queen (Best Memory Bed under $300)
- Sleep Innovations Shiloh 12-inch Memory Foam Mattress, Queen- Best Memory Mattress to buy in 2017
- LUCID 16 Inch Plush Memory Foam and Latex Mattress – 25-Year Warranty – Queen- Perfect choice for Heavy Guys
- SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress with ComfortCoil Technology & Internal High Capacity Pum- Best Air Mattress in 2017
You’d agree with me that a sweet night’s rest is not possible nowadays without a good quality mattress. Or is it?
A firm mattress is even more essential for big guys to sustain and give them a good sleep.
But the truth is a lot of big guys are unhappy with their beds. And this is because most regular beds and Mattresses are not made for big guys. Mattresses can even sag down, in the long run, causing you discomfort when you sleep.
But why is this so?
The reason is that getting an awesome mattress isn’t an easy job. If you’re a big guy and you weigh around 350 lbs or more, what you need is:
- A bed that will make you sleep like a baby.
- A mattress that comes with the right edge support
- A thicker mattress that can withstand your weight and give you a head-to-toe comfort
- A bed that will keep your body at a comfortable temperature
So, what are the best beds that come with these great features?
Don’t worry; this article got you covered. After a series of successful research, our team of experts has created a list of best beds for Big guys. We have shortlisted the top 5 mattresses which you can buy right away.
Top 5 Best Beds and Mattresses for Big guy
Permit to say; these mattresses aren’t for everyone because they are specially made for overweight people. Apart from that, some of these products come with a hefty price tag.
With that said, one ting is sure; these Mattresses are good enough to make it to our list of the top 5 Beds for big Guys in 2017.
Over Weight Bariatric Mattress (Queen- Best Mattress for Big Guys 300-400 Ibs)
- Specially Designed to Support Heavier Body Weights 300 - 400 lbs, Mattress Only
- Premium Micro-Lux Cotton Blend Fabric Cover
- Premium Latex for comfortable, durable support: 5" of 36 ILD Talalay latex
- Non-Fatiguing UltraCell High Resiliency Base Foam Support
- NOT FOR DELIVERY TO CA, CT, or RI. 10 Year Warranty
First on our list is the Over Weight Bariatric Mattress. Do keep in mind that this mattress will not do well for the smaller guys. And this is because it was specifically created for heavy people. So, if you weigh 300-400 lbs., this Mattress will not disappoint you.
The fact that you can customize this bed to give you the right support to your body makes it stand as our top pick of the best beds for big guys.
Although this bed is expensive, it’s built specifically to give you the best sleep ever. The Bariatric Mattress comes with plenty of unusual and unique features to give you the best comfort you have always wanted.
We did carry out our testing on this mattress and discovered that this bed came with almost no flaws compared to what you get from other products. We noticed that this brand was specifically created for bigger guys who want a firm bed that will give them great body support while sleeping.
One thing we like about this mattress is its classic design that deserves a massive shout out. Just like the above brands on our list, this bed does a great work of holding your weight without sinking into the foam. It comes with the right support for your back.
The Good news is that this bed has a 10-year warranty and has an excellent customer service. Also, keep in mind that the Customer Care Representative will give you a call to help you customize the mattress to fit your body weight. They are going to ask about your weight and customize the bed to give you the right support and firmness. I must confess, this product is hard to beat. The quality, style, and design are well customized to give you the best sleeping experience.
- The mattress is firm and isn’t hard.
- The bed is firm and comes with the right support without sinking into the foam.
- It comes with no sagging or whatsoever
- It features resilience foam that provides you the needed support and firmness.
- You’ll experience great edge support
- Too firm for smaller people
Zinus Sleep Master Ultima Comfort Memory Foam 10 Inch Mattress, Queen (Best Memory Bed under $300)
- Conforming memory foam comfort and support for a better night's sleep
- Mattress layers include: 3 inches Memory Foam, 2 inches Pressure Relieving Comfort Foam, and 5 inches High-density Base Support Foam
- Only the Highest Quality of Foam-Foam is CertiPUR - US Certified for durability, performance, and content
- The latest evolution of memory foam, BioFoam, replaces some of the traditional petroleum with natural plant oil to help keep your mattress fresh
- Smartly Shipped - Our patented technology allows our mattresses to be efficiently compressed, rolled and shipped in a box conveniently to your door
The next product on our list is a Memory foam mattress from Zinus. For those of you who don’t know, Zinus is a reputable and famous company known to produce tons of impressive Foam mattresses for years now. And it’s now introducing the Sleep Master Ultima Comfort Memory Foam. At the look of this product, you’d notice that this is simply a top of the line mattress.
Just like Bariatric, the Zinus Sleep Master Ultima Mattress comes with a beautiful and elegant design to give you the best comfort in your sleep. The foam has a nice feel and also an exceptional breathability.
The Master Ultima is a 12-inch pressure relieving foam. On top, is a 3-inch layer of viscoelastic memory foam. It has a 5-inch high-density support base, and 2-inch pressure relieving foam. You will experience great contour, a great hug, little motion transfer and small bounce.
I like the Sleep Master Ultima because it’s affordable and comes in an elegant package. The fact that the bed doesn’t trap your body heat makes it an excellent buy.
During our testing, we discovered that this product might be one of the best foam mattresses we have used. The mattress is firm and has a tempur-pedicure lite feel that gets away pressure from your shoulder, especially if you’re a side sleeper.
The mattress is not bouncy like other foam mattresses. The thin cover allows airflow in and out the memory foam to make you feel a little bit cooler and prevents your body from heat.
Overall, this mattress is an affordable bed that will give you the comfort that you desire. If you’re on a budget, I highly recommend you take a look at this company. They have tons of outstanding options available, and they all come at an incredible price point. So if you’re looking for an affordable bed that has premium features and works perfectly, then this is the right deal for you.
- The mattress is cheap and affordable
- The mattress gives you high-pressure relief on your shoulders
- Comes with an excellent contour, hug, and slow
- Excellent customer service and quick delivery
- A Firm and comfortable bed
- You may notice some factory or plastic smell
- When you unpack it, you may perceive a nauseating smell.
Sleep Innovations Shiloh 12-inch Memory Foam Mattress, Queen- Best Memory Mattress to buy in 2017
- Memory foam is resistant to dust mites and naturally antimicrobial.
- Mattress measures 60-inch X 80-inch X 12-inch.
- Fire Retardant barrier inherent in the mattress.
- Memory Foam is made in the USA using an environmentally friendly manufacturing process.
- Mattress is tightly compressed for shipment. Please allow a full 48 hours for it to fully expand.
Most customers who have used this product will tell you that this is the best bed at an excellent price. They are always quick to tell their success stories about this product.
In case you don’t know, Sleep Innovations is a notable company that has been in the game of producing high-end foam mattresses for quite a long time. And one of their astounding products, we’re going to be talking about is the Shiloh 12-inch Memory Foam Mattress. The foam mattress happens to be one of the best memory foam mattresses for big guys.
The Shiloh 12-inch offers a stylish and elegant design. The mattress is firm and mild contouring which is brilliant. Not to forget that the bed is exceptionally comfortable and comes with no sagging or whatsoever. It has 9 and half inch polyurethane support foam in the mattress core. You will get a non-removable knitted cover.
One of the main reasons you need to buy this bed is that it doesn’t stink. Many customers have complained that less expensive foams have too much new bed smell. And Sleep Innovations paid a significant amount of attention to this by making sure the foam is extremely breathable and wicks moisture away from your body.
However, do keep in mind that this bed attracts stains and it’s quite difficult to clean. A solution to this is to purchase a quality waterproof mattress cover to keep your bed fresh and stain-free.
The foam is also resistant to dust mites and has a fire retardant barrier. When you first receive it, you’ll find out that it’s tightly compressed and does take roughly 48 hours to expand. But in higher temperature climate, the bed will expand quicker.
Overall, the Sleep Innovations Shiloh 12-inch Memory Foam Mattress is super comfortable, firm and a great relief for anyone who has been suffering from back pain. I highly recommend it for big guys looking for a bed that will make them sleep like a baby.
- The bed is comfortable for big and tall people
- You will sleep without noticing any pain or a backache.
- It does have a 20-year limited warranty
- Excellent customer service and fast delivery
- It doesn’t stink or come with any odor.
- Unlike a coil mattress, the bed attracts stains, and it’s quite difficult to clean
- The mattress retains a little bit of hair from your body, especially in hot climatic condition.
LUCID 16 Inch Plush Memory Foam and Latex Mattress – 25-Year Warranty – Queen- Perfect choice for Heavy Guys
- Ultra plush comfort with a 10-inch support layer
- Latex and memory foam layer provide support and pressure relief
- Bamboo charcoal memory foam quilted in a breathable TENCEL blend cover
- Open cell technology prevents lasting body impressions
- Conveniently boxed and shipped for easy setup
The next on our list is the LUCID 16 Inch Plush Memory Foam and Latex Mattress.
If you are looking for a firm mattress that is designed to give you pressure relief and optimal orthopedic support this memory foam is a win-win deal.
The combination of memory and latex foam offer you great support to help in eliminating back, neck and shoulder pain.
The fact that this bed has 16 inches Memory foam makes it superb and a great buy for heavy people. Foam mattresses like this type are pretty hard to come by, except they are air beds.
Testing shows that this bed features four different layers of thumbs and the top of the layer is one-inch, and it houses bamboo charcoal to absorb unpleasant smell and odors. Apart from that, this layer provides much of the feel and softness of this mattress.
In the cover region, the bamboo helps to improve the cooling of the bed. Below that is a 3-inch layer of memory foam which provides exceptional support. The third layer is a 2-inch layer of natural latex which has a super high bounce and excellent responsiveness.
The cover is a blend of polyester and bamboo, which helps to improve the cooling and the crisp feel of the cover.
When you first lie on this mattress, you’ll feel the immediate softness in a normal line position. The bed is warm, breathable and cool without making you sweat.
Do keep in mind that the bed is leaden because of its height. So, you’d need some assistance when unpacking it. For the first week, it does have a substantial degree of smell, but it will begin to diminish after a week.
- It features latex and memory foam layer to give you support and relieve pressure
- The mattress helps to alleviate back pain.
- The mattress is thick and comes with great height
- Gives you an equal balance between softness and firmness
- The edge support is superb
- It is somewhat hotter than the Sleep Innovations
- The bed is just too big for you to move all alone
- It comes with a smell. However, it will take a few days for the smell to go away.
SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress with ComfortCoil Technology & Internal High Capacity Pum- Best Air Mattress in 2017
- ComfortCoil Technology showcases industry leading design with 40 internal air coils for added durability and support. Your bed remains flat and firm so you can stay SoundAsleep!
- Patented 1-click internal pump for easy and fast inflation / deflation. The Dream Series mattress reaches full inflation and firmness in under 4 minutes and can be topped off quickly and easily
- Queen Sized with Inflated Dimensions of: 78" x 58" x 19" - Raised "Double-height" air bed with dual chamber construction. "Sure-Grip" bottom prevents bed from unwanted sliding
- Extra thick, waterproof flocked top for added comfort and durability with multilayer, puncture-resistant material. Carry bag included for easy transport!
- SoundAsleep's consumer friendly 1-year guarantee. Call or email any time for support
If you’re having trouble sleeping in the night and you’re looking for a mattress that will make you sleep like a new born baby. Then the Dream Series Air Mattress is the perfect deal for you. The SoundAsleep mattress is packed up with excellent features to give you the best quality sleep.
After our testing, we can only say that this foam mattress seems to rank high among our best mattresses for big guys in 2017.
The design and quality of this air bed are splendid. The mattress has a soft top, sturdy, and durable package. The soft top comes with a lot of comforts to give you a blissful night’s rest. The mattress is durable and can hold up to 500 lbs without any problem.
Once the mattress is fully inflated, it’s about 18 inches tall and has a super soft top layer. The inflation process is fast. It takes less than 4 minutes with a powerful primary pump that enables you to pump the device effortlessly. The integrated pump helps in eliminating loss of air pressure on the mattress. The ridge around the mattress holds bedding and pillows in place without slipping off.
The bed features a microfiber feel and comes in a standard queen size. At the first night of purchase, you’d notice that a 5% stretch of the PVC. After that, it retains its firmness.
The bed features an electric cord that inflates the bed in 4 minutes. However, it produces a bit of noise when inflating the mattress. But it’s still much quieter than other air beds.
With that said, this air bed also comes with a coil to give you added support and comfort.
The air bed offers an excellent price point that makes this product a steal. One may wonder how the company has been able to break even with such a price tag.
Overall, the Sound Asleep Dream Series Airbed is a no-brainer for anyone who wants an excellent mattress that offers a lot of comforts. The queen sized bed is perfect for couples and singles who have a queen size apartment. I highly recommend this brand because it comes with everything needed for a beautiful night’s sleep.
- A Great mattress with a decent price
- It inflates and deflates pretty fast
- The airbed is easy to set up and comes with an exceptional comfort
- The mattress remains firm and flat for a sound sleep
- Excellent customer service
- Produces a bit of noise when inflating.
- It can lose air after a week of usage if two people keep sleeping on it.
So, there you have it, a detailed review of the best mattresses for big guys in 2017. In case you have anything question, do let us know in the comment box below.