- 1 Columbia Men’s Watertight II Front-Zip Hooded Rain Jacket
- 2 Hart Schaffner Marx Men’s Burnett Trench Coat
- 3 London Fog Men’s Iconic Trench
- 4 BGSD Men’s Mark Classic Wool Blend Pea
- 5 Men’s Single Breasted Black Full Length All Year Round Raincoat
- 6 How to Choose the Best Trench Coat
- 7 Best Women’s Trench Coat 2017
- 8 Women’s Wool Blended Classic Pea Coat Jacket
- 9 Via Spiga Women single-belted trench coat with hood
- 10 Tommy Hilfiger Women’s Double-Breasted Trench Coat with Striped Belt
- 11 Wantdo Women’s Double-breasted Trench coat with belt
- 12 Hot from Hollywood Women’s Double Breasted Long Sleeve Peacoat Blazer with Pockets
- 13 FAQs
- 13.1 Difference between a Single and Double Breasted Jacket
- 13.2 How to Choose a Trench Coat
- 13.3 Does the cloth come with a perfect fit?
- 13.4 Does the Jacket have a perfect shoulder fit?
- 13.5 Choose a Cloth that Comes With the Right Style and Size
- 13.6 Look Out For Trench Coat that Comes With Gun Flap
- 13.7 Does the Jacket Have a Classic Collar?
- 13.8 Do You Want a Coat that Comes with a Hood?
- 13.9 Consider the Choice of Color
- 13.10 Consider the Sleeve Style of the Trench Coat
- 13.11 The type of material
- 14 Current Bestsellers
I love trench coats because it works almost anywhere in my wardrobe. It’s an elegant and stylish traditional piece that you can use as outerwear.
You can wear it indoors, wear it over mini dresses, with jeans, and you can also wear it to the office. There are amazingly a million ways to wear a trench, and it never goes out of style.
If you live in an area where the climate is dropping into winter, then you’ll need to look for a coat that is sharp and would last you many seasons.
And there’re so many cute and classic trench coats that are quite beautiful and would make you look great.
If you’re after a high-quality trench, we’ve found vintage coats and jackets to suit your budgets and style.
Columbia Men’s Watertight II Front-Zip Hooded Rain Jacket
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: This Columbia Men's Watertight II...
- HANDY FEATURES: This waterproof rain jacket features...
- ADJUSTABLE FEATURES: This shell top waterproof rain...
- CLASSIC FIT: This Men's waterproof rain jacket features...
- Columbia Men's Watertight II Jacket lives up to its...
One of the primary reasons why this product is topping our list is because this is one of the trendiest jackets on the market right now. The brand has earned thousands of positive reviews on e-commerce sites.
The Columbia Men’s Watertight Jacket is a well-designed nylon jacket. The water-repellent material is the perfect cloth to keep with you whenever there’s a heavy downpour.
Guys are going to love this Jacket because it doesn’t take much room in the suitcase in case you want to go for a vacation.
Although the jacket is not a cold weather packer, it can be of great help in colder weather with the use of layer under jacket clothing. I am pretty sure that this will protect you against cold weather.
The Men’s jacket also offers a multi-player system that keeps outside element from getting into the coat but allows perspiration to escape.
The jacket features a hood and three external pockets and an adequate internal air chest flap and snaps buttons to stop rain and the wind. The suit and pocket zippers are well constructed to work smoothly.
The jacket comprises 100% nylon, and it is machine wash safe. The fabric is lightweight, it weighs less than an umbrella, and I think it is going to serve more purposes than an umbrella.
The jacket is very impressive, well designed and made of high-quality materials. The fabric does not have any material defect, and it can hold up for many years.
Another interesting thing about this jacket is that it has a security pocket that provides ample room for your valuables while a drawcord at the hem, makes it fit for you. The storm hood protects you from torrential rain.
- The coat is waterproofed and features a hood that shields your face from rain and cold elements.
- High-quality fabric and Well-designed material
- Good fit and packs up pretty fine in your suitcase
- It offers a lot of pocket space to help keep your valuables dry during the rainy days.
- Lightweight and comfortable
Don’t expect the jacket to keep you warm during winter. It is a spring jacket, not for winter.
The jacket does not come with a zip-up vent in the armpit area to prevent heat on hot days.
Hart Schaffner Marx Men’s Burnett Trench Coat
- Double-breasted trench coat featuring shoulder...
- Belted waist and cuffs for adjustable fit
- Exterior side-slash pockets and multiple interior...
- Classic Fit
The Hart Schaffner Marx trench coat is made of double breasted military design with wool top collar and zip-out liner to give you an adjustable fit. The Marx trench is a top notch suit that will never go out of style.
The Men’s trench is designed to keep you warm, making it the perfect tool for harsh weather conditions. The fabric prevents wind and cold, while it still allows perspiration to escape. You can also adjust the amount of warmth the coat should provide.
So, investing in this high-quality trench that is going to last for a long time is going to be a good choice. The double-breasted trench offers two rows of buttons that go down the front, and a beautiful rolled-over collar to give you that classic look.
Of course, this classic and professional trench fits and complements business attires and formal wears. The men’s outfit is lightweight and provides you weatherproof treatment.
Are you thinking of wearing this coat on low-key outings like jeans and T-shirt, then the Hart Schaffner Marx Men’s Burnett Trench coat is the perfect compromise for you.
- You can wear the coat in both winter and spring.
- The trench is designed to shield and protect you from cold and raining season
- The design and splendid quality of the Marx trench keep you dry and warm
- It also keeps you from the wind
- You can flip the collar of the trench to give you extra warmth around the neck region.
- The lining is thick and of good quality.
- The fabric is water-resistant, and it’s very smooth.
The trench coat comes a bit oversized.
The material easily collects dirt and hair.
The belt is too large, and I think the buckle and the buckle holes look a little bit cheap.
London Fog Men’s Iconic Trench
- Classic double-breasted trench coat featuring...
The style, the fit, and the price; everything about this brand is just great! London Fog Men’s iconic Trench has great zippers that give it versatility during warmer conditions. With this feature, you can easily adjust how much warmth the jacket provides.
The fabric comprises 69% cotton and 31% nylon, which means it, is lightweight and offers waterproofed treatment. The iconic material also comes with an oversized collar that protects you against cold and rainy days.
The pocket comes with enough space to keep your handset and your hands in the pocket. The material and stitching in this double-breasted coat are just great and perfect. It’s soft, smooth and classic.
It’s not surprising that London fog has to put their unique cologne on the fabric, and everybody just loved it. They also have one of the best customers’ services around.
They do everything to make sure you get the right fit. The built-in buttons and belt make this Men’s wear look elegant and classic. Of course, you can wear it to important occasions. It could be a business trip or a dinner party if you want to impress the love of your life.
The jacket offers a removable silver lining that looks very classy and also keeps you dry and warm.
- The coat fits perfectly well, looks good and professional
- It offers large pockets that fit in your cell phone and some valuables.
- The design and styling are tip top quality and fits properly.
- The fabric is warm, and the material is waterproofed.
- The zip-out liner is a flat quilt type, and you can easily slip it on.
The belt is flimsy. You have to knot the belt to secure it.
The coat might come much larger than what you would expect.
BGSD Men’s Mark Classic Wool Blend Pea
- Regular Fit: extra room through the chest and waist for...
- Double breasted button front closure; Polyester...
- Two exterior hand pockets and interior pockets
- Approx. length from center back: regular 32.5"; tall...
- BGSD is a U.S.A. designed and trademarked brand. All...
American and European sailors initially wore the pea coat. It was produced by a natural blue color, double-breasted front, and a vertical slash pocket. Sailors have been sporting the pea coat since 1700.
The first ancient pie coat was made out of 30-ounce wool. What does that mean? That means that the jacket has a lot of weight! A thirty-ounce full jacket is great in keeping you warm and protecting you from the elements.
The only problem is that the model is heavy for modern day use. But today’s commercial pie coat, the ones that you and I can buy are made of better wool or a Poly Blend.
The modern design is going to give you the same result by keeping you warm, and it’s going to be lighter in weight. And you’re also going to feel comfortable wearing it day in, day out in the cold weather months.
So, if you are looking for something stylish and warm, the BGSD Warm wool blend pea coat falls in this category of pie jacket. The warm wool comes in a classic double-breasted cut.
It also features insulated polyester filling that adds extra warmth for winter seasons. The jacket features a larger lapel, and two rolls of buttons that ensure the coat are hugging your body, giving you a well-fitted look.
The suit is made from a lightweight material and comes with beautiful and profound inside chest pockets, outer pockets, and additional smaller pockets to fit in your cell phone. It also features a lining in it to give you extra warmth in cold elements. The feel and weight are great. The warm wool is beautiful, dark, rich color
- You can wash it with cold water and hang dry without getting shrunk.
- The styling comes with a classic look and fits perfectly.
- The pockets are roomy enough to carry your stuff.
- The wool is soft and lightweight to keep you warm during winter
- The wool fabric is beautiful and lovely to give you elegant colors.
- The suit is so comfortable to wear, and it’s not itchy in the slightest.
The coat doesn’t hang flat on you, due to the fabric that’s used to produce the suit.
Although it offers three buttons, it doesn’t come with a higher button to hold the collar up.
Men’s Single Breasted Black Full Length All Year Round Raincoat
- This sophisticated Single-breasted full length all...
- Full Length: Approximately 47” Length depending on...
- New with tags, hanger, plastic. - Single-breasted full...
- Extra fine and warm hi-tech membrane, breathable,...
- This is an exceptional deal on a super soft fabric...
If you are looking for a long rain coat that you could wear to work, then the Men’s single breasted raincoat is for you.
The Men’s wear is a world-class hi-tech membrane fabric. The material is soft and warm. It also offers an excellent waterproof and breathable function. The men’s single breasted raincoat features five buttons, polyester, nylon, and cotton material.
The Pockets are nice, and will not let out when sitting down. Also, the men’s wear comes with an optional belt to give you the perfect fit. The coat looks sharp, and it doesn’t allow water to get into the suit.
The belt is very long and features an inner buttoned strap for holding it to the buckle. You can make this coat your main winter coat because this raincoat is warm in extreme weather conditions while wearing the coat over a lightweight jacket.
- The fabric feels good, soft, flexible and comfortable.
- The jacket is not stiff and scratchy like other trench coats.
- The overall quality is excellent, making this Jacket an exquisite value,
- The raincoat is well-made, and it’s perfect for wet weather.
- The fit, the quality, and inside removable layer are great and of high quality.
It doesn’t come with a hood. I think you’ll need a Hat.
The raincoat runs a bit larger. It might come bigger than what you expect.
The lining of the material is light.
How to Choose the Best Trench Coat
Everyone needs a trench coat in their wardrobe. The reason is pretty clear; trench coats are meant to protect you against the most extreme weather, while the open spaces in the weave still allow ventilation.
The inventor of Trench coat was Thomas Burberry. Does this name sound familiar? Burberry is still a popular brand today!
According to Foremen, K. 2013, trench coat was originally military clothing worn by French and English soldiers, during World War I. The coat was designed to serve a purpose, elevating it above other outerwear garments of the time.
The jacket was designed for improved warmth, flexibility for movement, durability and wind resistance. The stripes on the shoulder area were added to display the rank of officers. The Gun Flap at the chest provided greater protection in preventing rain from entering the coat because of it water proof quality.
The thin waterproof material isn’t very cumbersome, but it’s thick enough like a much regular raincoat. Usually, without the hood, it features a large thick coat constructed to protect you from harsh weather element.
Best Women’s Trench Coat 2017
Women’s Wool Blended Classic Pea Coat Jacket
- Material: 90% Cotton + 10% Polyester (Machine Washable...
- Features nice and insulated for winter days, big and...
- Warm and soft casual style coat Cozy, soft material...
- Size Disclaimer: Items may run small. Please refer to...
You can always count on the SJSP trench coat for your wardrobe basics. The jacket is comfortable and allows you to move your arms freely. The trench offers a toggle closure, two front pockets, and faux fur hooded design. The high-quality coat has a unique color which provides you with classic, yet simple, stylish appeal.
- The trench coat is warm and cute.
- The coat is a nice jacket that is structured to give you a great look.
- The coat is thick and made of cotton which makes it soft and comfortable.
- Offers a Burgundy color that makes it look classy
- The pie coat is versatile, and you can wear it with jeans or other dressed up.
One of the problems is the wool is most times itchy.
Buttons are made of cheap plastic material.
The trench runs incredibly small
Via Spiga Women single-belted trench coat with hood
- Single-breasted trench coat with removable hood, belted...
- Side-entry front pockets
- Center-back length: 33"
If functions are your top priority, the Via Spiga Women single-belted trench coat is for you. The thing I like about this trench is the texture and color, which turns it into a stately jacket.
It is designed with 57% Cotton/43% Polyester to keep you warm during the freezing weather. The feminine pleating detailing in front and back side-entry pockets give this trench a nautical vibe. The pleats in the back are well-centered on giving you an elegant design that accentuates your waistline.
The coat also features water resistant cotton, which is great and perfect for rainy seasons. Besides the tip top design and fashionable style, the trench plays a vital role in keeping you comfortable and warm.
The button and the belt detailing give the coat a modern look and a distinctive shape.
- The trench comes with pockets that are deep enough to hold your keys without falling out.
- If you are looking for a coat to make you warm and dry during cold seasons, then this is the perfect fit for you.
- Of course, the jacket is water resistant. It fits well on different occasions.
- The Buttons are of high-quality design. It looks like a polished pewter with a shiny silver material.
- The trench coat is cute, lightweight and easy to pack.
The struggle is keeping the hold from falling off in the wind.
The arms of the cloth can be too tight.
Tommy Hilfiger Women’s Double-Breasted Trench Coat with Striped Belt
- Double-breasted trench coat featuring notched collar,...
- Removable hood
- Vented back yoke with button
If your jacket leaves you exposed to cold, then this is the perfect compromise for you. Go classic with the Tommy Hilfiger women’s trench coat.
The double -breasted trench is well-padded with a detachable hood, and it offers a variety of high quality striped belt patterns that show up your shape. The thing that makes this one unique is the fit-and-flare style.
The flared skirt creates an hourglass shape with lightly pleated details to give you a gorgeous look. No wonder celebrities wear this running all over the place.
The trench coat also offers a design that that enables you to put your hands in the front pockets and it is also easy to wash.
- It comes with a hood and a full lining for warmth.
- The trench holds up pretty well. I have worn it in the snow and rain, and I have had no issues with the coat.
- The trench is gorgeous and fits perfectly well.
- I love this trench coat because it has a classic look and it’s easy to maintain.
- I also like the fact that the hood is removable, and the striped belt is designed to bring your shape out.
- The bright and sexy colors are great and suitable for day to day use.
The coat is great during winter, but I find it too baggy.
The holes of the buckle should have been at the end of the belt instead of being in the middle to give you a firm grip.
The trench sometimes comes in smaller sizes
Wantdo Women’s Double-breasted Trench coat with belt
- Windproof & Water-repellent: 100% polyester softshell...
- Anti-wrinkle & Classic design: Polyester performs very...
- Contemporary stylish look: This mid-length...
- Durability: This womens slim fit trench coat with high...
- Versatile colors for multiple occasions: Black, khaki,...
If you are still on the fence on buying the best trench jacket that will make your friends compliment you, then take the jump on the Wantdo women double-breasted trench coat.
The waterproofed material is made of beautiful and elegant fabric wool that gives it a soft touch. The jacket is flattery and elegant in style. Take the dive on this and get a feel of this straight cut design.
In fact, this fabric comes in a flat soft melting finish that is good in showing up extra tailoring details. The vertical seam line makes you look taller and slimmer.
The classic end collar with color stand raises the height of the color to keep your neck warm. I also like the fact the double breasted style gives the coat a great military look.
Just like its counterparts, the fabric offers a belt to cinch it in the waist, giving you a perfect fitting. The style of this trench coat will make you look younger and beautiful.
Of, course the trench coat is designed to protect you from cold weather and bring a warm and unique charm on you. Wearing the Wantdo Women’s Trench coat will make you look like a fashion model.
- The material is made up of 100% polyester to keep you warm and dry.
- The jacket is not too loose or fitted; it’s comfortable.
- The sleeves come well suited, and they aren’t too long
- Well-made and the color is great and elegant.
- The trench coat is 100% water resistant
The trench coat comes with no hood.
Often comes in smaller sizes.
The outfit can be a little tight around the shoulders if you have longer arm’s length.
Hot from Hollywood Women’s Double Breasted Long Sleeve Peacoat Blazer with Pockets
- Certain pieces never go out of style, including this...
- Front besom pockets / shoulder epaulets /...
- Long sleeves with buckle detailed cuffs
- Adjustable buckle belt / back button detail
- Item #61994: Warm knit ensures a flattering tailored...
The iconic trench from Hollywood Women’s double breasted Long pea coat stays true to its name with classic design and double breasted front. Crafted from a premium fabric, the quality of this trench coat compares to that of a luxury label. It comprises high-quality polyester and cotton material. So, you can easily wash and dry it.
The trench makes you look smart and well-structured with it stately design. The fabric is easy to maintain. The coat is made from water-repellent materials to give you perfect protection during the rainy day.
The dress looks more like a jacket, but it’s soft like a sweater and always keeps you warm from cold weather conditions. Apart from this, you can also wear this jacket to work only because of it professional design.
- The pea coat keeps you warm without the itchy feeling you get from other wool fabrics.
- Stylishly designed to fit your shape and makes you stay comfortable wearing it all day.
- The color, style, and fit are amazing. You will fall in love with it.
- It’s a great trench coat for the price.
- The material is of high quality not too light or cumbersome.
It sometimes comes in bigger sizes
The jacket comes with no hood
Difference between a Single and Double Breasted Jacket
I get this question a lot from people who want to find out the difference between a single and double breasted jacket.
The truth is that there isn’t an event which you wouldn’t be able to wear either a double or single breasted suit.
A double breasted jacket is most of the time associated with a suit and formal wear than a single breasted jacket. But single breasted have been pretty popular throughout the world since World War II. Double breasted are a small percentage of the suits we have now.
Single Breasted Suit
Most of us are familiar with this trench as it comes with one-five buttons. But the one button single breasted trench is mostly for formal wear, and two-three buttons make up 95% of the entire single breasted suit out there. The single breasted jacket is a little bit more casual than the double breasted jacket.
Double Breasted Jacket
The big thing you are going to notice about them is that they get extra fabric that folds over from left to right. You are going to see two rolls of buttons versus one.
The double-breasted suit is a bit more stylish and fashionable. But it is somewhat more versatile. You can hardly see the double breasted coat on a Sports Jacket.
How to Choose a Trench Coat
Don’t worry! In this article, you are going to discover some useful tips on choosing the right trench coat for you.
So, let’s dive in!
Does the cloth come with a perfect fit?
When selecting a trench coat, the first thing you should look at is the fitting. A classic trench coat should have a slim-cut to make you look tall in it and at the same time comfortable. I’m pretty sure that no lady wants to look too large while putting on a jacket or any dress at all.
Personally, I like the three-quarter length, especially the one that reaches about five inches above my knee. Although everyone has a different choice of fitness, so, go for the one that suits your taste and shape.
Does the Jacket have a perfect shoulder fit?
Another thing you should consider is the shoulder of the suit. You want to find out if the suit fits your shoulders correctly, as well as giving you that elegant look.
The suit shouldn’t be too tight, and it also shouldn’t be too big. The underarm should be reasonably big enough to raise your arms and move it around comfortably.
Choose a Cloth that Comes With the Right Style and Size
The other thing to source for when selecting a trench coat is the Size and style. As I earlier said, I prefer a jacket that is about five inches above my knee, not too long or too short just in case rain comes; it gives me an excellent coverage.
Well, many other people will prefer shorter or longer ones. So, the style of your jacket is pretty much a choice thing.
Look Out For Trench Coat that Comes With Gun Flap
Another important thing to look for is the Gun Flap because not all trench coats have the gun flap. It’s nice because it gives your chest an extra protection against rain or cold. I always love to have gun flaps in my trenches.
Does the Jacket Have a Classic Collar?
I also love coats with a good collar that is a little bit taller; it makes me feel classy. The trench coat with a hood is perfect. It is nice to put it up, and it covers over your hair when it is humid or freezing.
Do You Want a Coat that Comes with a Hood?
When choosing a Trench coat that suits your style, you need to ask yourself if you want the one that comes with a hood. The hood can be detachable, and you can take it completely off. But if you don’t want it, then you don’t have to use it. I think this is an excellent option, and it’s very relevant.
Consider the Choice of Color
I can’t emphasize this enough! You don’t want to miss out when selecting beautiful waterproofed clothes. We all have different colors that look good on us and at the same time make us look comfortable.
You should choose a color that looks warm and beautiful on you. The trench jacket has different colors that are nice. So, keep the color in mind while shopping for a trench coat.
Consider the Sleeve Style of the Trench Coat
I’ve got some folks complain that they got the sleeve that was too long or too short for their arm. They were so disappointed that they had to return it back to the manufacturer.
So, if you don’t want to pass through the ordeal of contacting the manufacturer for a return deal, then you got to make sure the dress you are ordering, comes with the right fit.
I think the most common trench coats are the ones with long sleeves and the ones with no sleeves which is mostly fashionable for females.
For me, I love the ones with long sleeves because it keeps my arms warm when the weather is freezing and also because of the sleeve straps that is just around the wrist.
The type of material
Finally, the most important thing to put into consideration when choosing a trench coat is the material. You’d have to make sure that it is purely waterproofed and not just water resistant. Make sure water runs off the coat completely and not sinking into the suit.